“Our mission is to answer the call of the Green Berets and their families so that they can succeed in their next mission. Dedicated to the long-term health of the Green Beret Family, the Green Beret Foundation provides direct and continuous support to the Green Beret Community and its families. The Green Beret Foundation facilitates the transition of Green Berets and their families whether that transition is from wounds sustained in combat, illness, injury or “merely” from numerous deployments and/or retirement. The long-term health of a Green Beret’s mind, body, spirit, and family are of the utmost importance to the Foundation.. We supplement the care that the VA provides to ensure total wellness for the individual and his or her family.”
The USO provides programs and services at more than 180 locations worldwide. Whether they're deployed to a war zone or stationed overseas, service members are only a request or a visit away from receiving a range of USO services.
When Americans complete their military service, the USO is there to support the transition back to civilian life. Those leaving the military need a plan to reintegrate into the communities they are returning to, a civilian career path and a strong family. USO Transition Services exists to help the nearly half a million service members and their families who start the process of transitioning out of the military each year.
The National WWII Museum tells the story of the American experience in the war that changed the world–why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today–so that all generations will understand the price of freedom and be inspired by what they learn. In fulfillment of our designation by Congress as America’s National WWII Museum, we will:
· Inspire people, young and old, to embrace the lessons of this monumental global conflict from its stories of heroism, human tragedies, voices of liberation, and the fruits and responsibilities of victory.
· Create and maintain a world-class museum campus of pavilions and exhibitions.
· Engage worldwide audiences by providing access to our collections, exhibits, and oral histories through innovative outreach, distance learning, new media, and creative museum experiences.
· Interact with diverse communities to expand their understanding of the history and meaning of America’s role in World War II and its relevance for today and for the future.
· Become a place for people to understand and feel America’s strengths and values.
· Serve as a catalyst for cultural tourism to strengthen the economic and community development of New Orleans and Louisiana.
The Brigadier General James B. Thayer Oregon Military Museum and Historic Park will honor the men and women who have served our state and nation in our armed forces. The world-class museum complex will provide a comprehensive educational resource for preserving and sharing our rich military history. Through our veteran’s stories, our children and future generations will learn the importance of citizenship, heroism and sacrifice.